Asus router setup | router.asus.com
Learn how to access the Asus router settings page
Smartphone apps apart, the Asus router setup wizard is the only way you can set up your Asus router. Using the standard commands for network configuration, you can navigate through the router.asus.com sign-in page and subsequently the Asus router setup wizard to get your device up and running in no time. However, there’s more than just following the steps that meet the eye.
Default Asus router username and password
Get help on the Asus router login and setup process now!
How to access the router.asus.com login page?
The router.asus.com login page can be accessed using the 192.168 1.1 setup Asus/ 192 168 1 1 Asus router setup page. You can then use the details for the username and the 192.168 1.1 setup wireless router password to access the Asus setup wizard.
However, before you begin with the login process, make sure you have the following details and equipment in place:
- PPPoE username and password in case of a DSL connection
- Ethernet Cable(s)
Now, to begin with, you can follow the steps as mentioned:
- Connect your DSL Modem to the main internet line.
- Take an ethernet cable and connect your MODEM to the main router.
- Connect the power cords and then plug in the power adapters to the power outlet and switch on the power supply. Allow your router to boot up.
- Connect your main router to the computer system using an ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and you will automatically be redirected to the Asus router login wizard. If you are not, type the default web address router.asus.com in the address bar and press the Enter key. You can also use the default IP address i.e. https://192.168.0.1 in place of the web address. Press the enter key and you will be directed to the Asus router sign-in page.
How to proceed with the Asus router setup?
Once you are on the router.asus.com page, you can follow some simple steps to get into the Asus router setup wizard:
- In the username and the password fields that you see on the login wizard, type in the default credentials and then click on the Login button.
- You will be directed to the Asus router setup page. The Asus setup wizard will detect your internet connection type and then you will be asked to configure the network details.
- On the network configuration page, type in an SSID and a network key for your new Asus router network. Also, select a network encryption standard for the network that you are setting up.
- Click on the Next button once you have filled in the details.
- In the next window, type in the new admin username and password for your Asus router device. Once done, you can click on the “Next” button.
The final setup screen will display a summary of the network configuration you have just modified. The Asus setup process thus concludes here.
How do I recover the 192.168 1.1 setup wireless router password?
If you have lost the Asus router credentials, you will need to reset the same to the original factory settings. This will reset the credentials to the default user name and password. Resetting your Asus router device can be another possible way, you can begin handling your Asus router with ease.
Here are some steps on how to reset your router:
- Unplug the router from the computer and plug it into the power supply/ electrical outlet.
- Next, you need to locate the hard reset button, located usually on the rear end of the router device.
- Use a thin object like a pin or a needle or paper clip to press and hold the button for a few seconds.
- Once you have held the button for around 30-40 seconds, the LED lights on the front panel will start to flash repeatedly.
- Now release the button and restart the router.
The Asus router reset is now complete and you can start afresh or just like a new router.
Making the latest Asus Firmware Update
The latest models of the Asus routers can also be updated using the router.asus.com web interface. Nonetheless, you can always do it manually. Visit the website, click on the support section to find your router model, and then search for the latest firmware file.
- When you finally reach the product page, click on the Support option. Go to the Driver and tools page to select the operating system version you are on.
- Select the firmware by scrolling down to the firmware section and download the latest version.
- Once the same is saved on your computer, unzip the downloaded file to install it.
- In a web browser on your computer connected to the router’s local network, enter 192.168.1.1 or router.asus.com into the address bar and access the Asus setup wizard.
- Type in the default login credentials and click on the Login button.
- Now visit the configuration page and select the firmware version you need to install.
- Upload the unzipped file and let the router install the update.
Asus officials recommend that you reset the router after the installation is complete. This will mark the completion of the Asus router firmware update process.
Troubleshooting common Asus router issues
- When you are updating the router, the device can brick due to settings being wiped out. In such cases, you may just reset your router. Leave the router unplugged for like 15 minutes and then reboot it to follow the network configuration process.
- If the router doesn’t respond at all, you would want to use the firmware recovery utility to try to roll back the firmware version.
- In both cases, it makes sense to have a backup router handy. Assuming you haven’t recycled all your routers yet, it’s a good idea to keep one handy and make sure they work.
- Online privacy and data security are issues that worry netizens a lot. Make sure you don’t fall prey to such incidents online. Update the firmware version of your Asus router regularly and stay protected from these hassles.
- Get complete assistance on issues that you might face while updating the firmware on your router. Dial our Asus Support helpline for support and assistance from a proficient professional.